2

Cookies!

This horrible weather is brutal! It's mid-May! I refuse to bundle up my kids and get out when it should be summertime already, so we are having to get creative around here so that we keep our sanity. Yesterday, during Rush's afternoon nap, Winnie and I made peanut butter cookies. I figured they were a great choice, because she won't eat anything with chunks or varied textures (think chocolate chip cookies, no bake cookies, etc) I justified the process by pulling a Rachael Ray and saying, "well, peanut butter has a bit of protein." Rachael Ray takes HUGE liberties with the word "healthy," saying many, many things are healthy, when indeeed, they are NOT.

Winnie had a great time and really did make the cookies. The only things I did were reading the instructions, measuring and putting into the bowl the peanut butter and vanilla, cracking the eggs, and dealing with the oven. She did all of the measuring, pouring, turning on the mixer, rolling balls, dipping cookies in sugar, and making criss-crosses with the fork. She kept saying things like, "This is a great time!" and "We are a great team, Mommy!" So I think the baking was a big success.
Posing with the peanut butter

Licking the batter

Smiling with the raw cookies

Staring at the oven, waiting for them to bake

Her cute apron from Grandma

Finished product!

2 comments:

Becky said...

:0) I love this post!

judahmom said...

what precious pictures! You're creating such special memories with Winnie. I love her comments!!