Mother Nature heard my plea and gave us a beautiful Sunday! We had a great day. One of those types of days you wish you could have over and over. A benefit of going to church on Saturday nights is that we truly get a day of rest and play. I feel like I finally have a Sabbath...a day of rest that we were never able to get on Saturdays. Saturdays always turned into busy days.
Andy woke up with Rush (this kid wakes up at 5:45 ready to go every morning) and took him and Puddy all the way to Kirkwood to get Dunkin Donuts. Winnie and I slept in, then after breakfast we drove to Eckert's Farm to pick strawberries with the Reinbergs. I love spending time with the Reinbergs...for a lot of reasons, but mainly because it is just comfortable. Winnie loves them and treats them like family. While I was finishing getting ready, our front door was open and Winnie was at their front door, knocking lightly saying, "C'mon, Al! I'm ready to go to the strawberry patch with you!" So sweet. The weather was great to be outside and we had a good time. Al took home the trophy for "Most Strawberries Eaten By Such A Small Person" award...yowzers. He looked like a vampire by the end of the morning.
After lunch and naps, we took a walk down to Citygarden so the kids could play in the water. I'm so thankful that we have this downtown!
It was definitely more woodsy and grown than I was anticipating. It was hard work!
This sums up the morning...me doing all the work while Winnie nibbled away. I think our kids ate about two pints of berries while we were there.
The sad face. We are very used to this face at the Murphy house, but seeing it stained red was a little more amusing.
Winnie and Al getting sprayed. Winnie was more timid on this visit, but check out the joy in Albert's face! I love it!
Rush has two faces...super serious or super smile. Not much in between.
1 comments:
Aw, GREAT pictures. Looks like a perfect kind of day.
Post a Comment