My baby girl started preschool today! It was an orientation of sorts, as I spent the morning there with her. The school asks that a parent spend one morning before they officially start. I stayed very background this morning and just watched Winnie to see how she would do. As I expected, I think she wants to assume a leadership role. Her two sweet teachers said that they could use a third! I love this school. They start the morning in a big, open gross motor space until everyone arrives. They head up to their room (W is in the purple room) for circle time. They sang a couple songs, talked about the weather, and chose their daily jobs. I knew when the teacher read out the choices that Winnie would chose "Snack Helper." And, she did. That's right up her alley. After circle time, they did a movement activity, dancing and singing with maracas. Winnie was a little shy during this. I kept wanting to say, "God wouldn't have given you maracas if he didn't want you to shake them!" from Dirty Dancing, but I refrained because that would have been highly inappropriate in the preschool room. When that was finished, they had snack...orange smiles that Winnie (of course) didn't want to eat. She didn't mind, though, just watching everyone. She had some water. They next chose play stations and rotated into an art activity, painting with stamps. Winnie colored at an easel, drilled at the tool station with a cute boy, played with an Etch-A-Sketch, and splashed around at the water table. They ended the morning outside, where they play until their parents pick them up. Winnie rode on the tire swing the whole time with two little girls and led them in various chants. Then she performed "Poker Face" for her class and teachers. I don't know if that's good or bad, but I loved it. She was really sad to leave, which I consider a super good sign. I love her new school and love that we found it. It is just what we were looking for!

Winnie's cubbie. I thought her little cow was so cute! She told her teacher she would have rather had a pig or a pony. Sheeesh.

Winnie's name on the job wall.

Playing at the water table. "It's like I'm in the bath but I'm not neck-ed!"
1 comments:
I wish Winnie could come to my preschool!
Post a Comment