3

School Days

Before school

My friend Kim is a pediatric occupational therapist (I hope I got that correct) and she offers a program called Sunbeams at her home the first week of each month for a few months. Rush is in the Wednesday group, so he got to go to school this week! And trust me, he knew it was a big deal. We went to REI the day before to get him a backpack, mostly for the pictures. Stuff like that is a big deal to me. He loved it! So the morning of, I packed his spare clothes, HIS LUNCH, diapers, and a drink and sent him off into the world. He was there from 9:00-1:00, and it felt like an eternity. I am not used to him not being with me! According to his schedule, they did music & movement (educators fancy talk for dance party!), a cooking and snack activity (they made little pizzas), art (they painted with peppers, potatoes, and carrots), play stations (which all sound so fun), lunch, and story time. His buddy Teddy was in his class, as well as two little cute girls that could've only been a distraction for those handsome boys. Kim, of course, was so organized and had everything prepared perfectly. I could tell he had a great time. I can't wait until his April day!

Posing with his backpack in front of "school." He also insisted on wearing his Bass Pro hat. He looks so big! Where did my little baby boy go?!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

Meg Swann said...

This cannot be right. He's so big (as in tall and lean and perfect)! AND so handsome. Where did the time go.

Jenny said...

I love them so much. All of your recent posts are so great.

judahmom said...

Oh my gosh, Rush is so big!!! In my mind he's still a little toddling toddler.