I have been really enjoying my children lately. They are at such a fun age! The weather's been yucky lately, so we have been getting creative indoors. We made some of these brownies, which I think are unbelievably delicious. They aren't healthy, per se, but definitely healthier than the regular brownie...no butter or oil. A cup of sugar makes them guilty! I used turbinado. I photographed the whole process with the kids, then accidentally deleted the photos, so we did it again today to ease my heartache. We delivered the second batch to our friends, the Martins, but I could have easily waxed off 2 pans by myself in a few days!
I've found that when cooking with toddlers, it's best to do it like a Food Network star and put all the measured ingredients into their own bowls. Toddlers are great at dumping, not so good at measuring. They need a couple more years for that. I also brought in their little table so they could be at a comfortable level. I am a Nervous Nelly with our barstools and chairs. Rush is notorious for falling off of things!
The best part- the dumping of the chocolate chips!
My kids know how to lick a bowl. (Don't worry, Katy, this is after they were in the oven.)
To do this!
And this is how Rush eats a brownie. What a weirdo.
1 comments:
These were so good! Thanks so much for making them for us. They were the perfect treat at the end of a crazy week. (I'm still working my way through the pan!)
Post a Comment