I decided to cook "fancy" dinner tonight (I have to put fancy in quotes because I take great liberty in using that term in regards to any of my cooking), so I thought it'd be a good day for a food post.
2
Yum Yums
Monday, April 11, 2011
If you just wanted pictures of our family, check out Aaron's blog. We had this gloriously epic day on Saturday. It was the best day I've had in a very long time. To say we love our neighbors is an understatement. We are so thankful for the Reinbergs! I wish I'd had my camera, but luckily Aaron caught most of our activities on her iPhone.
Dunkin' Donuts. What a way to start the week! I should have photographed mine (coconut and apple-n-spice), as they were definitely more tasty looking than Rush's. It does appear so in the photograph, but I did not serve milkshakes with donuts for breakfast. These are banana, mango, strawberry, spinach smoothies.
Lunch was fun! I made these little towers for the kiddos out of Kashi 7-grain crackers, sweet potatoes, and cheddar cheese. We've been working on patterns with Winnie, so this was good practice making different patterns while we assembled them. They had so much fun eating and building and knocking over--Rush would say, "whoa...whoa...whoa..." and then gobble a bite down. Too cute! Served on the side- green beans for Rush and green bean baby food for Winnie. (She won't eat green beans, but loves them pureed. Sheesh)
I had a salad- baby spinach, purple onion, edamame, chickpeas, sweet potato, carrot, olive oil, honey, and garlic. On the side, some leftover brown beans (if you are not a Dean, however, you might call these pinto beans). Brown beans are the ultimate comfort food for me. It was a bit of a dreary morning, so these hit the spot. Also, lemon water, which is the only way I can be good about drinking water.
The kids for snack had apple slices next door with Grandma Linda, but then later had some Veggie Booty that I literally threw at them while they were watching a movie so that I could talk to my sweet friend Amber (who's pregnant with a little munchkin) in peace and quiet.
For dinner, I made eggplant parmesan, raspberry asparagus, and mashed potatoes. The kids ate different veggies, because they won't eat asparagus.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are my cooking hero and every time you mention how much you love other people like these so called "Reinburgs" I get very jealous.
Greta, you are welcome on any of our city escapades
Post a Comment