6

Rush- Two Years Old

My little man is two years old. It really does seem like yesterday when I found out I had a 14 week baby growing inside of me! Both of our children mean a lot to me, clearly, and both mean something a bit different to me and the bigger picture.

When Winnie came along, it was on the heels of Andy and I having walked victoriously out of some marital problems. One of the meanings of her name is reconciliation. That is really sweet to me. Rush, clearly, was a surprise for us. When I found out I was pregnant, I was in the middle of feeding Winnie some baby food for lunch. I cried the entire time I was feeding her. That kind of reaction can happen when things don't go how you plan. When the nurse said, "It's a boy" after looking at the ultrasound screen, my heart leapt. A boy! I wasn't expecting that! Let me tell you, I am in love with this boy. His coming was the ultimate lesson...God telling me, "You know, Cary, I can write your story a whole lot better than you can. Trust me." I think of that every time I hug Rush or hold him or celebrate another birthday. Trust me. He and his sister have made sense out of my life and continue to deepen my purpose every day.

I think he is just the GREATEST. He is sweet and smart and loving and thoughtful and eats his green vegetables and sleeps like a champ. He's got style, this kid...Andy just described his clothing style as "SEC Undergrad," which of course had me beaming with pride. I just love him, but really, to know him is to love him. The first photo is Rush running and having a blast and letting loose and reminding me of his Daddy. This next photo is him staring at the Mississippi River, which he could do for hours if I let him. That's the Mommy in him. Happy Birthday, Rushie! You are my sweet, sweet boy and I love you all the way to the moon and back.

I can't go back and I don't want to. 'Cause all my mistakes, they brought me to you.
The Avett Brothers

6 comments:

kdguice said...

That. Was. Beautiful. Pregnancy hormone tears flowing... Happy birthday, sweet little guy!

marietta said...

Happy Birthday Rush!

The Swanns said...

Happy Birthday Rush! I loved reading this sweet post.

Stephanie Peters said...

I can't believe he is already 2! I love reading your blog posts, but this one is a favorite!

carly730 said...

Is he sporting some man-pris or are his pants rolled up? He is so dang cute and this was a sweet post Cary!

Jaimie said...

Just beautiful.