4

Arkansas

The kids and I were able to go to Arkansas for eleven days last week. It was such a great time! As usual, we started our trip in Branson. My brothers family never disappoints....Michele made me this amazing pear and gorgonzola pizza and their children showed Winnie and Rush a wild time. Winnie picked up where she left off with her love for Owen. She just thinks he hung the moon. I tried to load a video of a little convo that she and Owen had, but I can't get it to load. It's really cute! He was a great friend to her.
I am really bad at taking photos in Arkansas without Andy. He is our family photographer! I just get so busy and forget all about it. We ate out a bunch--US Pizza, Mimi's, Boulevard, Fabys, Somethings Brewing, Oak Street Bistro, PF Changs--some of my favorites. We did a lot of shopping, too--Winnie got a little spoiled. We visited Tracy at work twice. Winnie loves going to Boulevard, because Tracy's friends make a big deal about her and Tracy gives her snacks. She is still talking about Tracy's work. I like going there for the same reasons! I got a delicious Boylan Black Cherry Soda (a treat I save exclusively for Boulevard) and a free loaf of chocolate chip cherry bread.
Rush posing at the Jump Zone. Winnie wasn't feeling well this morning, but Rush had a great time.

Winnie did a great deal of time outside, since the weather was AMAZING. She enjoyed helping Pawpaw in his garden. I should say "one of his gardens" as he has a few. This photo is blurry, because it's in super-zoom. They have a pretty big back yard, and I took the photo from the back deck.

We ate most of our lunches outside on the deck.

Winnie loves her cousins. Here, her and Remi are wearing matching brown maxidresses.

I feel like I should get an advertising check from Glad or Ziploc for posting this photo. Since she cooks so much, my mom is the queen of food storage...you should see her Pyrex collection! This was Rush's favorite place to play. Remi was really great at cleaning up after him.

On Friday, Andy flew in to Little Rock to be with us that last weekend. Luckily, my mom came to the airport with the kids and I, because that night was full of terrible tornados in Arkansas. I would have freaked out at the airport worrying about Andy had she not been with me. There was a tornado that touched down at the Little Rock Airport 30 minutes after we left. Whew! I am so thankful that Andy was able to land SAFELY. Driving home that night was super scary, but we made it home and had a great weekend. On Saturday, we went to the Toad Suck Daze in Conway, our annual festival there. We didn't take any photos, though. On Sunday, Winnie and I went to a bridal shower for the beautiful Ali Wren. I have known this girl since she was in the fifth grade and it is amazing to see her entering into this new stage in life. Winnie was bashful at first, but jumped in and soon was helping Ali open gifts and getting crackers from the "pretty girls" (that is what she calls my old small group girls, who are not even girls anymore because they are like 25!) But they are indeed all very pretty. See?---
It was a great trip! I think I cried for about 30 miles leaving Conway. I miss Arkansas! We were glad though to get back into the swing of normal life.


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Aww, that's interesting that you cried leaving Conway. I guess I need to appreciate it more? And when did you eat at PF Chang's, and why wasn't I invited?

Cary said...

Ha! We went with mom and dad one night and met Tracy there, then went to Barnes and Noble. I don't remember why you weren't there. You weren't intentionally left out (I don't think:)
It was that night...well, don't you remember hearing about mom getting texts about MSG and beet juice?

marietta said...

You forgot the part of the story where Winnie kept saying my name. "May-etta" - right?

Jenny said...

I did not hear the MSG/beet juice story.