2

Mother's Day 2010


Mother's Day is a big deal to me. I have two kids! They are my life, so a day that I get to celebrate all of that with my family is special. On Sunday, Andy woke up (early) with the kids and they went to get donuts so that I could sleep in a bit. And, yes, sleeping until 8:15 on a weekend is sleeping in since little Rush joined our family. Winnie was our late sleeper, but those days seem to be over. After breakfast, we headed over to the Missouri Botanical Gardens because it was such a BEAUTIFUL day. I went to a jazz night there before with some friends and we went to their Easter Egg Hunt, but this was my first real visit to the gardens. I am in love...it was such a fun experience in such a peaceful and beautiful place. I am happy that we live near so many wonderful places like this. We started out on the tram, which I was hoping would be enough like a train ride to appease the kiddos. It was a little to slow and made too many stops for them, but I enjoyed hearing the tour guide's commentary. I LOVE St. Louis history and Henry Shaw is like a celebrity to me. We jumped out of the tram and toured the Japanese gardens and other little sites. The kids had a blast "riding" the sheep installation. And Winnie couldn't get enough of the koi fish. I think they next time we go, I'm going to let her bring her change purse that Googie put money in so that she can buy some food to feed them. Thanks, Andy, for a great morning. And, a big "Happy Mother's Day!" to all the other mothers out there, especially my mom, "Googie" and Andy's mom, "Grandma."
She loved standing under this fountain (I did too!) It shot out every few seconds and made an arch to the next circle. It was startling and fun and gave you a little bit of a splash.

And without Andy, Mother's Day wouldn't be possible.

My sweet baby boy.

We also celebrated Uncle Joel's birthday Sunday evening at Joel and Becky's cute house. We played beanbags in the backyard and ate a delicious meal prepared by the Christensens. Rush was showing off his new "walking" skills and Winifred was just showing off. It was a great night! Joel, we are very thankful for you, and you are a terrific uncle. The kids love you! Andy and I are so happy you joined the family. Happy Birthday!
Mommy and Rush

Winnie was clearly born to throw a beanbag.

Uncle Joel and Rush

Rush walking with Winnie and Aunt Becky

2 comments:

Jaimie said...

One of the few perks of going to Tower Grove was free admission to the Botanical Gardens (that, and a sweet wardrobe of solid polos and khakis). The kids will love the maze when they're older. You have such a beautiful family, Cary! Glad you had a great Mother's Day. You deserve it.

Linz said...

Aw Cary you look so beautiful in those pics!

PS, my word verificaiton was "Wedneste" which feels like a 'Namaste' on 'Wednesday'.