2

Thursdays

I love a family tradition (cue the Hank Williams, Jr.--takes me back to high school!) I am totally going to be one of those mom's who does Taco Tuesday and if roller skating were still rad, we'd have Saturday Skate (takes me back to junior high!) Every Thursday afternoon, I take the kids down to the Old Post Office for the Downtown Tower Grove Farmer's Market, then we go over to Citygarden for a late afternoon play in the fountains. I wish I were a more creative chef, and able to buy a ton of stuff at the farmer's market, but right now I just stick to the basics...asparagus, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, bibb lettuce, and an occasional sweet treat (this week- blackberry cobbler- be still my heart). Yesterday, there was a band playing some fun music, so I strolled Winnie and Rush over to listen. Winnie, of course, wanted out of her seat to dance and immediately won over the musicians and had them talking to her on their microphones. I gave her a dollar to put in their tip jar, and she thought that was just magic. She wanted to keep putting money in, so next time, maybe I'll bring quarters instead!
As always, we had a great time at Citygarden, but it was a bit more stressful because we took Puddy along and he apparently views water spewing from the ground as an attack on humanity and couldn't stop barking. Rush just takes the sprays to the face like the little man that he is and watched with adoration as his big sister ran through the fountains. Thursday afternoons make me very happy that we live in downtown St. Louis. That is good for me.
a

2 comments:

jill peel said...

We are one in the same in a lot of ways Cary - EVERYTHING in my life has a "day" assigned to it! If it didn't it would never get done - even the fun stuff. I thought the boys would need counseling bc of my obsession with assigning days, but really they get into it and they know what is coming. Sheets get changed on Mondays, we have Waffle Wednesdays, the car gets cleaned on Thursdays, Muffin Mondays, the crazinesss goes on..but really we are just trying to bring order to chaos right?

Jenny said...

You really ARE fortunate to live where you live. I hope you really, really enjoy the rest of your time there. The grass is always greener...I like her suit, and I'm glad you guys had a good day!