8

WWW

My sweet friend Kate has been doing this, so I thought I'd join in. Kate is one of the cutest people I know, so she's a tough act to follow. When I was in high school/college, I worked at Abercrombie and people would come in all the time and ask me if I had a little sister named Kate. We used to look alike, but maybe that's only when she was in her awkward middle school/junior high years, because she has long-since passed me! Here's my edition of What I Wore Wednesday (hence the WWW) really on Saturday because I started late. Don't expect these often, at least not until summer when my wardrobe is more fun. Please excuse my grimaces when I didn't crop my head out. Holding that heavy camera steady with one uplifted hand was quite the challenge, it appears! **Note: Many of you have noticed that I look freakishly tall...I promise, I am a very normal 5'8", the mirror's on a slant, so it makes me look longer than I actually am.

Sunday. I don't remember what we did during the day, but I know I didn't change into this outfit until church (we go on Sunday nights)
Shirt- pale blue collared button-up from JCrew
Cardigan- or should I say old-lady shawl? Jury's still out. It's dark smoky blue and from Anthropologie
Jeans- Citizens of Humanity flares from Nordstrom
Necklace- Addition, my favorite jewelry spot
Shoes- metallic silver studded flats from the Steve Madden store

Monday at the City Museum with the kids, and I can't remember what else I did that day. Maybe grocery shopping?
Shirt- bicycle t-shirt from Urban Outfitters
Cardigan- navy cashmere from JCrew that miraculously survived a trip through the washer on a regular cycle the next day
Pants- olive green cropped cargos from Gap
Shoes- Privo brand from Dillards- so cozy
Necklace- doubled over gold necklace my little sister Tracy gave it to me on our trip to Asheville. She has an identical one, so I think of them as best friend necklaces.
Watch- gold Armitron from Sears

Tuesday at my friend Missy's house
Shirt- one of my favorites from Target
Necklace- old school Addition, when it used to be Virginia Bead
Pants- yoga from Gap Body
Shoes- again, I was having issues getting everything in-were black flats from the Steve Madden store

Wednesday, getting better at fitting my whole body in. Wednesday was just errands (picking W up from school, Target, Whole Foods, etc) I did go to yoga later that night, but that wasn't a photo that would knock any socks off
Shirt- JCrew graphic tee
Cardigan- one of my favorites from All Saints Spitalfields on Robertson Blvd in LA
Necklace- a little rectangle from The Box Turtle in Little Rock
Jeans- Levis I love that used to belong to my Dad
Shoes- my Jessica Simpson snakeskin ballet flats from Dillards

Thursday was spent at the Demun Park and then to my Thursday night group with my friends (we are clearly a casual group). It's somewhat of a Bible Study, but I'd like to think it's more than that.
Tank top- Gap Body
Shirt- a tissue tee from Target
Pants- I've worn these way too many times in the last month since I bought them from Target
Shoes-Converse All-Stars from I don't remember...somewhere on the Park Plaza Mall in LR

Shopping with the kids, then dinner out with Missy and Katie
Dress- from Anthropologie
Leggins- Free People in Chicago
Jewelry- not shown is a silver Michael Kors watch, Addition silver drop earrings and a gold necklace with a round charm from Banana Republic (you don't mix silver and gold? you should)
Boots- from the OK Corral (hell yeah) in Conway

Saturday we went to a morning birthday party and have another one in the afternoon, but I might have to change into a warmer shirt for that outdoor one.
Shirt- cream colored with metallic detail from Anthropologie
Necklace- that same necklace from The Box Turtle
Bracelet- gold (one bracelet from a set of about 6) from Dillards that I've had since high school
Pants- minty green trousers from Anthropologie
Shoes- my same snakeskin flats

8 comments:

kate said...

Let me start by saying that you totally surpassed me in the cute and fashionable department. Your outfits are so great, and I am thinking about bookmarking this post so I can go back and look at them from time to time when I need inspiration. I have lots of similar pieces, and this encouraged me to put them to use. I guess I was so used to wearing non-jeans when I worked that I'm in a jean and sweats rut now that I'm home. I'm gonna pull those capris out and try to find my inner-Cary. Oh, I LOVE what you put together, and I really hope there is still someone out there who thinks we look alike. It would be a compliment to me for sure!

Katy said...

I want to go shopping with you! (seriously)

kdguice said...

how cute are you! (and i mean that in a respectful way, not in an annoying "rachel ray calls people 'kiddos'" way). :) i also want you to be my personal shopper- LOVE your style.

Momma Meg said...

Hey Cary! When you get a chance, check out my stylish blog post; I have a surprise for you at the bottom :) Hope all is well with the fam!

Jenny said...

I thought the camera was supposed to add 10 pounds!!! Do you have an elongating mirror?! My feet would be where your knees are. I'm not even exaggerating in the slightest.

You have great taste and look fabulous.

Aaron said...

I second all of the above!

HeltonTexas said...

you are way too cute and way too fabulous. man, you are skinny minnie too. I wish I dressed half as cute as you. Maybe i should take my pic every day and that might help me dress better.
Way to go mama!

Anonymous said...

i want every single one of those outfits. is that bad?