1

You Never Know...


This, right now, is my most treasured possession (sidenote: I got out at the district spelling bee when I was in the 3rd grade because I misspelled the word "possession." It hurt really bad...I spelled it "pocession") Back to the original topic. This piece of art is my most treasured possession. Like this is what I would save from our burning house after the kids and Puddy were out. Winnie does an AMAZING and THOUGHTFUL job coloring. I taped this paper onto our glass coffee table and she worked on the color part for a couple of days. On the 3rd day, I taped it on our balcony door and gave her these animal stickers. I love how she grouped the animals together with their "friends" as she called them. You might need to click on the photo to enlarge it for the full effect of the stacking and placement:) She definitely had a plan. But, you never know. She could be an amazing artist someday, and I'll be able to pull this out and look at how far she's come. Or, her talents may not progress much past this piece, and I will still love to look at it. I think I'm going to frame it. Winnie is getting really good at identifying colors (and counting objects to 16, but I don't want to brag) and I love watching her pick out the crayon, call it by name, and choose where she wants to mark on the paper with it. My little artist!

1 comments:

'The H Family' said...

i love it!! she is quite the artist...i must say that we are still intent on focusing on a 2 X 2 area for coloring in the 'h family'. we have not branched out to the entire page like your budding artist!! and that is some amazing grouping...she would have been a HUGE help to noah in keeping his animals together!! :) so cute!!