Tomorrow, we are heading out of town. Andy, to the fabulous...

Los Angeles! And...

Las Vegas! Cary and the kids are heading to (drumroll, please)....
Andy is going to a work convention in Las Vegas, then to LA to visit our friends Mark and Kara. I didn't feel physically or emotionally prepared to fly alone with our children to join them in LA, so I'm going to stay with my family for a week. Obviously, Conway's a bit less sexy than Andy's trip, but I'm really excited. Our trips to Arkansas over the weekend are never long enough. I'm going to stuff myself full of my mom's amazing cooking, Maggie's cookies, Stobys, and enjoy being home. I will try to take lots of pictures, but Andy's the one who is good at that, so we'll see what I end up with:)
I feel like I'm creeping out of the fog that I have been in for a while. Spending all of my time since the summer of 2007 being pregnant, breastfeeding, not sleeping through the night, having newborns, having a toddler will put you in quite the fog. It's a funny thing, because I know that for the rest of my life, I will look back at these last few years and LONG for them back...when Winnie would let me rock her to sleep, when I got these unbelievable kisses from Rush, when Winnie wanted to hold my hand, when Winnie would jabber and count and run around in circles, and when Rush would look at her and smile so big, when Andy and I would laugh hysterically at the hilarious things are babies do. But right now, it tough. But good tough. I'm so happy and think I have the best babies in the universe and really don't take for granted any time that I have with them. I'm not one to wish time away...I want it to stand still!
Anyways, I'm going to try and move this into a more "family" blog in terms of our whole family. I never post anything about me or Andy. I'm going to start. If you are only here for cute pictures of my kids, you can just scroll past all of the other stuff! I was just telling one of my friends that I like to always have a baby with me, because I can hide behind them...no one notices my bed head, no makeup, or lack of interesting things to say if I have a cute kid in tow! So my new blog direction is me, stepping out from behind my kids. We are all four (sorry, Puddy, FIVE) pretty cool.

4 comments:
Diddo!! I feel like I tell you this all the time, but I sincerely feel like we have sooo lived the same life these past few years. Pregnant, breastfeeding, and babies....is there life outside of that?!?!? I literally feel like I could copy and paste this post onto my own blog. It's good to know I'm not alone. It's tough but amazing and I wouldn't change it for the world either!!!
I'll second the diddo... something is in the water here at the Railway Loft building. But, for the record, I always notice your bed head in pictures, so dont think those cute kids of your are hiding you... ;)
I, for one, am excited to hear more about you, because I find you very interesting and so fun!! I feel you on the mommy fog, and I also agree these days will be very missed!! However, in the midst of it, it is sometimes hard to see that!!
Have fun in Conway!!
Yeah! I am looking forward to hearing more about the ENTIRE family! You are way too cool to keep hidden! :)
Post a Comment