I love cookies. My FAVORITE cookies are made by an amazing company...Liz Lovely. They are vegan, fair-trade, some gluten-free, organic, and non-GMO. And delicious. They have a great mission statement that makes me want to buy from them. (I once had a dream that Liz and I were friends. She seems like someone I'd want to be friends with) My sweet husband tried sending some to me in Arkansas, but there was a shipping mix-up, so they just came yesterday. I have had most of the flavors and they are all so yummy. (No, I do not get paid to plug for Liz Lovely)Today, I let Winnie play with the box they were shipped in, and she had a blast with the packing peanuts. She made up about 10 different games with it all...dump the peanuts, clean up the peanuts, sit in the box, push the box around, try to feed Rush peanuts, try to put Puddy in the box, and so on, and so on. She got a lot of practice with her hand-eye coordination when she cleaned up all of the peanuts by picking them up and putting them in the box with a wooden spoon! When she got bored with it, I put some food coloring in water and let her dip the peanuts in the colors to dye them. They were soluble, so she dissolved them by stirring, which was her favorite part. We've been talking a lot about colors at home, so it was a great reinforcement lesson. I love watching this girl learn...she is so smart and her brain is just a sponge when it comes to everything.
Look how focused she is!
4 comments:
You are a great mom!!!!
We can't believe we missed out on Liz Lovely. They really are the best cookies. That's a great idea with the food coloring/packing peanuts. We have a big bag of those so I think we'll try that today! Thanks for the idea. Did you know you can also moisten them and they will stick together? I don't know if she could do that? And yes, you are a great mom!
yeah, Al would have dumped that colored water so fast my house would be multi colored! haha
If you love cookies, you really have to try these sometime... Carol's Cookies (at www.carolscookies.com). They are by far the biggest (half a pound) and best cookies I've ever had.
Post a Comment