2
My parents were in town this last weekend, and we had such a great time. We ate out A LOT, took the kids to play at Shaw Park, shopped, visited the Kirkwood Farmer's Market, and played here at the house. The kids were gifted with some great stuff, but the hit of the weekend (of the year) was this little wooden Melissa & Doug Magnetic Dress-Up Ballerina Doll. My mom and Winnie found it while we were at Whole Foods, so of course, Winnie came home with it. I had my doubts, but Mom and Winnie worked with it and she loves it! She will dress her, all by herself, for a long time. This is huge, because Winnie does not usually enjoy independent play. I asked her what we would name this new doll, and she immediately responded with "Kara Murphy." I said, "Do you mean Cary Murphy?" She said, "NO, that's you. This is KARA Murphy." Okay.


Every now and then, she'll get the shoes on the wrong feet or upside-down, or I'll notice that Kara Murphy's shirt has been placed as pants. However, she is usually spot-on. I often hear Winnie talking to her..."Kara Murphy, what do you want to wear?" or "Kara Murphy, that's silly. Your shoes don't go on your head!" So precious. I wish I could just freeze time.
Kara Murphy
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tell Winnie that when she comes to visit next week, Remi has a different version of a wooden magnetic doll she can play with. We'll call her...Jenna.
we have that ballerina- we call her ballerina. : )
Post a Comment